When you are using an R4 3DS card, chances are, you’ve already installed a custom firmware. Custom firmware is needed for the R4 3DS cards to work on your Nintendo 3DS.
Now, a custom firmware uses the sysnand and the emunand modules. Basically, these two are system modules that are read before and during certain operations done on your Nintendo 3DS.
By default, they should work as intended and they should not be tampered with, especially if you do not know what you’re doing.
But, if you really want to have the best performance, you may want to change the Sysnand and Emunand modules on your custom firmware.
In this article, we are going to talk about the AuReiNand System Loader for the Nintendo 3DS. This is a Sysnand and Emunand replacement and it should give your Nintendo 3DS a major boost.
There is a recent update to the AuReiNand System Loader for the Nintendo 3DS and here are some major changes:
- Fixed ARM11 access to chain-loaded payloads (like CakesFW).
- Made the memory operations faster, as they’re now better optimized thanks to -O3 (thanks TuxSH!)
- Added TWL/AGB FIRM patching/SD loading for New and Old 3DS
- Fixed the second emuNAND patched FIRM still getting created.
- Made L not needed to load most payloads
- Code cleaned up and made more readable.
Now, why would you want to replace the Sysnand and the Emunand on your Nintendo 3DS if it works as intended? Well, it is true that the default Sysnand and Emunand works as intended, but if you really want to increase the speed and performance of your Nintendo 3DS, you can install the AuReiNand System Loader for the Nintendo 3DS.
Just one major caveat before doing anything: You have to follow the instructions to the tee as any misstep could result into a bricked Nintendo 3DS.
So, without further ado, here are the steps to install the AuReiNand System Loader for the Nintendo 3DS:
- Download the AuReiNand System loader files from the internet.
- Boot your Nintendo 3DS to sysnand and do a partition dump
- Reboot back into the Sysnand and run the EmuNAND9 and select the option to clone the SYSnand and the EmuNAND.
- Put your microSD card into your computer and put the AuReiNand files you’ve downloaded earlier in the root folder of your microSD card.
- Create a folder and name it to “Rei” and inside this folder, create a text file and name it “updatedsysnand”.
- Put the microSD card back to your Nintendo 3DS and launch the “arn9loaderhax” and install the AuReiNand Loader. Follow on screen instructions and the Nintendo 3DS will reboot. Congratulations! You’ve now installed the AuReiNand System Loader for the Nintendo 3DS!
Just remember to follow all of the instructions carefully and you should be okay. Now, with the AuReiNand System Loader for the Nintendo 3DS, you can really see some much-improved performance on your portable gaming console.
Add the R4 3DS card to the mix and you will have a very powerful and capable Nintendo 3DS portable gaming console.